We welcome our young people in Middle School and High School (and their friends!) to participate in 4 – 6 events planned throughout the program year. These events may include movies, concerts, plays, and Christian festivities.
In the past couple of years we have…
- Attended “Timeless Tales of Fairview Cemetery”, in October. We learned about Civil War Lieutenant Levi Robinson, Elise Traut (who donated the first lighted Christmas Tree for downtown New Britain, Clifford Willis (the first black police officer) and Sherman Avery of Avery’s Soda.
- Helped with the Advent Workshop, which was again a great success. Preparing soup and sandwiches and helping younger children with craft projects.
- Painted a kitchen during “Rebuilding Together”, in late April, an event that is designed to help people in need with home updates and repairs.
- Walked for Sneaker Sunday, the first Sunday in May, to raise money to support the kitchen at the Friendship Service Center in downtown New Britain.
- Had two middle school age youth attend summer camp at Silver Lake Conference Center, Sharon, CT
CALLING MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOLERS
I am hoping to schedule some “outside of church” activities for our middle/high schoolers. A short brainstorming session was held recently to get some ideas of areas of interest. Events will be posted here, in the newsletter and in the Sunday bulletin. Sharon Chamberlain